Maine Virtual Job Fair 2020
Held completely online, the Maine Virtual Job Fair is the first of its kind in the State of Maine. This year, the event will be hosted on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Using the fair’s video chat platform, you can speak privately face-to-face with recruiters from a wide variety of Maine employers. With no geography, transportation, or time constraints, your career search is more convenient than ever. All that’s needed is a Google account and 15 minutes.
Three Steps to Joining Maine Virtual Job Fair
- Create a Google account – click here to create an account. Ensure that you have the Chrome web browser.
- Schedule video chat appointments with your desired employers –
- Click button below to review the list of participating businesses and open positions. You can filter by type of job, location, and/or employer by clicking on the colored tabs at the top of the webpage.
- When you find an employer you’d like to speak with, choose the time of day you’d like to speak with them by clicking on your preferred time slot.
- Book an appointment for that time slot under “Tickets” on the lower right-hand sidebar. Select which type of job-seeker you are.
- Click “View Selections”, then “Book Now”. We highly recommend that you sign up for appointments before February 26th to make sure there is space.
- Chat with desired employers on February 26, 2020 – each employer has their own Google Hangouts video chat link, which you can find in your confirmation e-mail. Simply click on, or copy and paste this link into your Chrome web browser, and visit it at your scheduled time.
Have questions? Contact Elaine at 207-680-7300 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
The Maine Virtual Job Fair is organized by Central Maine Growth Council and sponsored by MaineJobs
If you are an organization who would like to promote MVJF, you can find a poster for the event here:
MVJF 2020 – Poster.