The following list of local contractors is not exhaustive – it is meant to be a helpful guide to start your contractor search and bidding process. These contractors have demonstrated a commitment to downtown Waterville’s revitalization, and may already have familiarity with facade restoration and improvement.
• Bowman Constructors – a general constructor for commercial and institutional projects, Bowman’s past historic renovation work includes additions and renovations to the Piscataquis County Courthouse.
• Gordon Contracting – an all-phases general contractor for projects ranging from outdoor recreational venues to commercial and industrial build, Gordon’s past historic and downtown work includes the Gignoux Courthouse in Portland and RiverWalk at Head of Falls in Waterville.
• Jacobs Glass & Restoration – specializing in historic restoration and preservation, particularly the restoration of historic windows, Jacob’s also performs masonry, storefront, and wood restoration work. Past historic projects include Gilman Street Apartments in Waterville and the Bath Customs House in Bath.
• Kavestone LLC – specializing in construction and home improvements, Kavestone services include framing, siding, windows, roofing, granite, tile, and stone veneer. Past/current historic projects include OPA restaurant in Waterville and the former Boys & Girls Club in Waterville.
• Landry/French Construction – the all-phases general contractor who recently completed Colby College’s Bill & Joan Alfond Main Street Commons, Landry/French’s past historic renovation work includes Merrill Memorial Library in Yarmouth and the Charles E. Moody School in Hinckley.
• Sheridan Construction – a design/build commercial contractor and certified Butler builder, Sheridan’s past historic work includes the renovation of the Waterville Opera House and the restoration and renovation of the Gerald Hotel in Fairfield.