1. What is Document Migration, and why is it important for businesses to leverage?
Document Migration is an important aspect of any Enterprise Document Management implementation or upgrade. When a new system goes live, all documents are migrated through an automated process eliminating the need for the business to manually move documents allowing them to continue business operations versus IT related activities. Document Migrations also ensure the documents are correctly migrated without errors through automated verification processes providing the level of confidence to the business the overall process was successful.
2. What benefits can companies realize from utilizing cloud and high-performance computing?
Overall companies will realize operational efficiencies (resources focused on business development vs. managing infrastructure), reliability (e.g., deployments in multiple regions for disaster recovery), performance (e.g., global deployment in minutes), and cost optimization (e.g., on-demand pricing/reserved pricing).
Relating to Document Migration, we can leverage cloud managed services with built in AI/ML capabilities to support metadata extraction from content to enrich documents during the migration process allowing users to locate documents much easier. We can leverage high-performance servers and scale horizontally in minutes with our migration process reducing overall impact to the business during a migration.
3. Cloud Computing has a versatility of applications, from healthcare to manufacturing. What industries do you believe will adopt cloud computing for their own products and processes in the near future?
All industries should be looking to adopt cloud computing to take advantage of cost savings and operational efficiencies, however some industries (e.g., government) may have been slow to adopt but given the increased security and compliance controls in place for cloud environments, it’s worth assessing to understand the ROI and operational efficiencies that can be gained.
4. As cloud and high-performance computing continues to increase productivity in global labor markets, what does the future of IT look like?
Investing in cloud computing will allow for cost savings to be directed towards new products or ideas that businesses can quickly evaluate and deploy as employees can be freed up from managing software and focus on business development.
5. What are the steps companies should follow to implement cloud computing?
Assess the current platforms and identify the appropriate cloud migration strategy:
- Rehost – Migrate the platform as-is from on-premises to the cloud.
- Re-platform – Migrate the platform as-is from on-premises to the cloud however taking advantage of different services (e.g., web server, database) which may be more performant or have costs savings.
- Refactor/Rearchitect – Re-design the platform leveraging new modern server-less architecture or microservices as an example.
- Repurchase – License a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution.
- Retain – Keep system as-is, no change.
- Retire – Decommission the platform as it’s no longer supporting business operations.
- Transform the platforms based on the decided strategy and transition operations
- Manage the new platforms in the cloud environment
Last modified: January 31, 2022