Central Maine’s extensive transportation system, combined with our state-of-the-art telecommunications network, means you, your products, and your information will get where it needs to go. In addition, community amenities enhance the attractiveness of our region to both residents and businesses.
- Waterville Robert Lafleur Airport is a general aviation airport located adjacent to I-95 two miles southwest of the downtown Waterville. The airport has a 5,500′ runway. Improvements have been made over the course of the last 1.5 years and are under new management.
- I-95 runs through central Maine and there are four exits (127,130,132,133).
- Regional public transit (Kennebec Explorer) is provided by Kennebec Valley Community Action Plan.
- Greyhound bus provides daily service to Waterville.
Power & Telecommunications
- Electrical service is provided through Central Maine Power (CMP).
- Telephone service providers for central Maine are: Fairpoint Communications and Comcast/Spectrum.
- Central Maine’s cable television service provider is Comcast/Spectrum.
- Numerous suppliers provide high speed internet service.
- Area medical centers are Northern Light Inland Hospital and MaineGeneral Hospital/Thayer Campus.
- Central Maine’s local daily newspaper is the Morning Sentinel.