Downtown Waterville is home to one of Maine’s 32 Opportunity Zones, the nation’s newest tax incentive to encourage investment and growth in economically-distressed areas. With over $100m invested in recent downtown Waterville projects, the area is poised for major revitalization.
Governed by the IRS, the Opportunity Zone (OZ) program has recently completed a public input process which has yielded important new information on how to use the program to provide significant benefits to investors.
This free workshop provides interested developers and investors with the information necessary to succeed in Waterville’s OZ, including:
- A geospatial overview of land and property within the Waterville OZ
- OZ program overview and guidance from the IRS
- Insight from Wipfli|Macpage CPAs (tax division)
- How to maximize tax incentives via an Opportunity Fund
- Date: May 8, 2019
- Time: 5:00pm
- Location: 10 Water Street, Ste. 110, Waterville, ME 04901
- Refreshments served
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org | 207-680-7300
- Facebook Event
Last modified: April 10, 2019